Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

God - Is he/she real?

Go down 
+33
FrostBite
GDC|Hardstyle|GDC
Lone Wolf
GDC|Altair|SD
ZerkkyIsMyOtherAccount
.Andy|SD
GDC|FLaK|THP
GDC|Newbie?NL|NKT*M
XaTcI <3
Huntey
GDC|Ultra|VIP/HS
GDC|Aepatis|GDC
GDC|risingdevil|PNK
redtalent
GDC|Atrox
GDC|Bone
GDC|Cheat|MoM*MM
GDC|Singima|420*L
GDC|DaRkiE|SD'M
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
GDC|Damian|PpB*FA
GDC|YUJI|SOV*O
Zippo
*X*
GDC|Sennaw|GDC
$outhie# Universe#
Rubberduck
kNite
SirLagALot|HAC*L
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
*GDC|RooKy|GDC
3nforcer
leighton9999
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-07-04

God - Is he/she real? Empty
PostSubject: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:02 pm

First off, I don't want people just posting something like "yes he is! you just have to believe!" If that's all you have to say, then get out. :s

I'll let a few others that are much more religious than me post their views before I post mine.
Back to top Go down
3nforcer
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
3nforcer

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:11 pm

I don't think he exists.. Is there any proof of it? I just think some people made it up to be 'special' like the church. If you do believe in god, its no problem with me, but i think he doesn't exists.. First proof, than i believe Smile
Back to top Go down
*GDC|RooKy|GDC
GDC|General Owners
GDC|General Owners

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Proof? If there was proof it shouldnt be called believe... If there was proof it will be a fact. So there wont be a thing to believe in.. I am not going to sat yes or no, I just wanted to post this comment.

RooKy
Back to top Go down
3nforcer
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
3nforcer

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Yea you're right rooky, but what i was trying to say: i dont realy believe things before there is any proof.. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:29 pm

They say God is everwhere,and that God,Created us all,how can that be
if I see facts such as Evolution and the Big Bang Theory,so if he is we
do need proof,but if he really did create us,then wouldn't he get rid
of the belief of Science.
Back to top Go down
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:49 pm

Delling wrote:
They say God is everwhere,and that God,Created us all,how can that be
if I see facts such as Evolution and the Big Bang Theory,so if he is we
do need proof,but if he really did create us,then wouldn't he get rid
of the belief of Science.

If you ask me, God did not create Man. Man created god. God is used for many things. Praised when something good happens, hated when someone's daughter dies, used to dictate the way people live their lives, used as an excuse for the mass slaughter of other peoples.

If God is so "forgiving", then why does he sentence the common thief to an eternity of TORTURE? Hell, why does he send anyone that does not believe in HIM, and only HIM, to an eternity of TORTURE? My answer: If he didn't, nobody would believe in him. To me, God is pure evil. He is the cause for the mass slaughtering of people. He is the cause of the pain of billions. He is the cause of the massive injustice of so many people. The movie "Inherit the Wind" is a fine example.

Also, the type of people I hate the most: All those people that say "yeah, i'm religious and believe in god", then 10 seconds later they say "yeah, i support the war in iraq/afghanistan/WHEREVER". If you were really religious and believed in God, you would not support the mass killing of anyone, whether they be terrorists, muslims, jews, or anyone else. One of the commandments clearly states "Thou shalt not kill."

On the other side of the aisle, however, comes the question of if God didn't create everything, then what did? The Big Bang is the accepted theory, but it's a bit hard to believe that everything came from nothing. Of course, that theory is for another topic.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 9:49 pm

yes he is! you just have to believe
okay now that ive got that out of the way, down to business!

God gives us our life on earth as our chance and forgiveness, he gives us a lifetime on earth to decide our eternity. if he wanted he could have wiped us out and started again at any given point in time. its not only forgiveness, its grace, by his grace we are still alive!
because God gave US (humanity) the choice of free will. he didnt have to but he did, and because of his choice to give US free will WE screwed up. that doesnt mean God made a mistake, it means that he wanted to see what we would do. he already knew cause he knows everything but that doesnt mean he's not allowed to. God is love, but he is also justice, anger, wrath. and what did Jesus say, if somebody strikes you on the left, turn the other cheek. "the second is this, love they neighbour as theyself".

and science doesnt disprove religion. it backs up religion! how does nothing explode. or how does some nano sized space dust suddenly explode and create the universe. you would need a cause of the explosion. and space dust cant spontaneously combust.
God invented everything, that means he invented gravity, physics, quantum mechanics. we are then left to discover it. but what do you mean by the "belief of science". i believe that science exists, that dont mean i dont believe in God, i believe in gravity, entropy, quantum mechanics, photosynthesis, that dont mean im an atheist.
we can say, well God created quantum mechanics. but what is quantum mechanics? we find out, just by finding out what quantum mechanics is doesnt mean God doesnt exist. the discovery of DNA cant disprove God.

evolution isnt a fact, its a theory, if its a theory, it means somebody has proposed the idea but they cant prove it, or it would be called the fact of evolution. but its not the fact of evolution. those finches darwin found had different sized and shaped beaks, so evolution exists. WTF?!?!?! you guys are human, im a human, we are the same species, i dont look like you so evolution exists?i have webbed feet and am left handed, both my parents are right handed and my dad doesnt have webbed feet (my mum does). does that mean evolution exists? well it cant prove it, so why should some finches that lived in the Galapagos islands prove evolution.

i watched a documentary that for the most, showed how lots of scientists in america were losing their jobs (like in universities) and being blacklisted because they said that intelligent design is plausible. science should be about leaving ALL the options open and then finding out if they are right. the evolutionists didnt bother doing that, they only accept the evolution side, and if you even suggest that ID could be true, youve just commited heresy, treason and blasphemy

ill talk about the thou shalt not kill later
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:29 pm

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC/TPS*L wrote:
Quote :
Oh, and don't forget, God
created man in his image. I guess he likes to experiment on both sides
of the aisle, eh?
whats that supposed to mean

I mean that if he created man in his image, and homosexuality arose,
then doesn't that mean god had a bit of homosexuality in himself? Smile

we
sin, we get punished. he gives us free will, yes. if we use our free
will to disobey God, well, your gonna get punished. thats how it works
isnt it? you do bad and you get punished

So... you support eternal damnation and torture for not following a certain belief?

God created man to be
with woman. thats why he made Eve out of one of Adam's ribs (and he
formed Adam from the earth and breathed life into his nostrils) and he
didnt make another man out of Adam

I have one question about that... if they were the only 2 humans on earth, and they had children (which supposedly we descended from), then that would mean their children would have to commit incest. Have you read Genesis 19? Sodom and Gomorrah?

and delling, just because God doesnt have a partner doesnt mean he is gay.
especially since he hates homosexuality
you know that there are people on earth that will never marry or do anything at all dont you?

And what would happen if new scriptures were found that said god was actually a lesbian?
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:15 am

Quote :
Quote :
Oh, and don't forget, God
created man in his image. I guess he likes to experiment on both sides
of the aisle, eh?
whats that supposed to mean

I mean that if he created man in his image, and homosexuality arose,
then doesn't that mean god had a bit of homosexuality in himself? Smile
adam and eve ate from the naughty tree (that sounds way cooler than the tree of knowledge of good and evil) and sin came into the world, and homosexuality being one of those sins

Quote :
we
sin, we get punished. he gives us free will, yes. if we use our free
will to disobey God, well, your gonna get punished. thats how it works
isnt it? you do bad and you get punished

So... you support eternal damnation and torture for not following a certain belief?
yup, we have our chance to save ourselves from it here, so we got no excuse

Quote :
God created man to be
with woman. thats why he made Eve out of one of Adam's ribs (and he
formed Adam from the earth and breathed life into his nostrils) and he
didnt make another man out of Adam

I have one question about that... if they were the only 2 humans on earth, and they had children (which supposedly we descended from), then that would mean their children would have to commit incest. Have you read Genesis 19? Sodom and Gomorrah?
technically it is incest then (and although thats another matter) but God told adam and eve to populate the earth, and if your the only 2 people on earth, then well your kids havent got much of a choice of who theyre gonna be with

Quote :
and delling, just because God doesnt have a partner doesnt mean he is gay.
especially since he hates homosexuality
you know that there are people on earth that will never marry or do anything at all dont you?

And what would happen if new scriptures were found that said god was actually a lesbian?
then i would be questioning that validity of those scriptures
Back to top Go down
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
SirLagALot|HAC*L

Number of posts : 4409
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:04 am

I lost this fucking thing so many times, ima kill something if it happens again.... -_-
Firstly, why bring this up again? Very Happy

@leighton:
1. Homosexuality arose due to free will and sin, not as a part of God
2. I support eternal damnation for NOT REPENTING, not sinning. But why believe in hell if ou don't believe in God?
3. I'm not a theologian, so i'm not sure what went down in the period of time
4. Define scripture:
Quote :
Religious texts, the texts which various religious traditions consider to be sacred, or of central importance
For a piece of text to be considered Christian Scripture, there has to be corraborating evidence of divine inspiration, that the text was written through man by the Holy Spirit.

Now, as for God Himself (Itself, Herself, whatever you want to believe, but i'm sticking with Himself), there's a ver interesting theory about the Omega Point
http://www.aleph.se/Trans/Global/Omega/
^ That's a very simple summary. I direct you towards the Tipler scenario and the definition of the Omega Point. Basically, as the transfer rate of information reaches infinity (ie. the rate of processing information) due to the rising density of energy per cubic space, the entity formed in that period of time may create a simulation of life, whereby the life created in the simulation is being created faster that the Universe is dying. This being becomes God, by being able to manipulate the simulated universe. Any sentient being existing during the final moments of the Universe (moments being anything from nanoseconds to years) WILL create such a simulation, due to our psychologically unexplainable quest for knowledge and the meaning of life. Now, for this scenario to exist, the only thing we have to assume that the Universe will IMplode, instead of EXploding to nothingness, which is NOT a very large assumption. There's a great chapter in the book "The Neverending Days Of Being Dead", by Marcus Chown about this
I thought this might appeal to your scientific mind Smile But personally, I take the religious point of view Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kNite
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
kNite

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:34 am

Bazooka/or any catolist, ortodox or any chirstian do the buddhists and nature god believers believe in the same god that you do? Or do they go straight to hell, do I go to hell because I don't believe to god?
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 7:50 am

no idea what buddhists and those others guys believe it, but according to the scriptures, you cant get to heaven unless you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour and repent of your sins
thats means if you dont accept, you go to the other place Sad
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

Number of posts : 2320
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:42 am

God can't be proven, nor the opposite. Evolution however can be proven, as it is a mutated version of a living being. More common known as genetic flaws. As we can only believe God came out of nowhere, so did the small parts flowing through the universe, forming one universe.
From whichever point I look from, God can still have created our begins of our universe, which made the big bang.
I don't see anything which proves or disproves the existence of God, but why should the one exclude the other?
Back to top Go down
$outhie# Universe#
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
$outhie# Universe#

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:50 am

God is a mistery and we all know mysteries are made up or unfindable

If you ask me he doesn't exist cuz he's not where you need him to be

he takes peoples lifes who aren't aloowed to die
Back to top Go down
GDC|Sennaw|GDC
Reverend GDC|Member
Reverend GDC|Member
GDC|Sennaw|GDC

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:51 am

I believe in sience, and as long that there isn't proof that god exists, I don't believe in him.
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:48 pm

God doesn't take their lifes. theyself, or other men take theirs.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:51 am

GDC|$outhie#|SD'M/PpB*IF wrote:
delling is a mystery, does that mean he is made up or unfindable?
some of the things is do are mysteries to others, ive told em why i do it, i dont think they believe me but they still view part of me as a mystery

does that mean im made up or unfindable?
Back to top Go down
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 2:43 pm

GDC|$outhie#|SD'M/PpB*IF wrote:

On the contrary, mysteries are made to be explored. They are relative. Someone stole my car, it is a mystery to me who stole it, but not to the person who did. It is a mystery if aliens are real or not. Just because it is not known does not make it impossible. For example, if you went back in time 200 years and showed someone a modern-day computer, they would probably say you were a witch and hang you.

However, you are right that God is a mystery, but does that make him real? No. Does that make him fake? No. It simply says we do not know enough to know whether he is real or not. You can BELIEVE one way or another, but not know for sure unless you have proof.

SirLagALot|HAC*L/SD'O wrote:

2. I support eternal damnation for NOT REPENTING, not sinning. But why believe in hell if ou don't believe in God?

So let's take a guy that has not done any major sin (rape, murder, etc.) in his life, but in fact runs a multi-million dollar charity (which he donates millions of dollars to) that provides food and shelter to the homeless. Should he be sent to Hell to suffer an eternity of torture simply because he doesn't accept Jesus as his lord and savior? Yep, that's a GREAT God.
Back to top Go down
*X*
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
*X*

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:14 pm

is HE of course >>

Back to top Go down
http://www.amrdaeap.jeeran.com
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 11:14 am

GDC|*X*|GDC wrote:
is HE of course >>

Explain please?
Back to top Go down
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
SirLagALot|HAC*L

Number of posts : 4409
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:01 pm

leighton9999 wrote:
So let's take a guy that has not done any major sin (rape, murder, etc.) in his life, but in fact runs a multi-million dollar charity (which he donates millions of dollars to) that provides food and shelter to the homeless. Should he be sent to Hell to suffer an eternity of torture simply because he doesn't accept Jesus as his lord and savior? Yep, that's a GREAT God.
Show me a sinless person, and i'll rescind my beliefs
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 pm

leighton9999 wrote:
exactly, sure, they may be doin some big donations for charity, but they will still be doin some bad stuff
NOBODY is perfect
Back to top Go down
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:05 am

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:
leighton9999 wrote:
exactly, sure, they may be doin some big donations for charity, but they will still be doin some bad stuff
NOBODY is perfect

I never said there was a "sinless" person. Sins are relative. Some religious people see contraception as a sin, others see it as a way to stop the spread of disease. The pope himself has rercently condemned the use of condoms. Lots of sinners out there now. Smile

Look at the bigger picture: Who should get into heaven: A guy who kills hundreds of people because "God told him to", or a guy that had pre-marital sex and saves thousands of lives via charity? Why are the sinners/murderers that kill in the name of the Lord allowed into Heaven, but the guy that saves possibly thousands of lives by charity and may have had one or two minor flaws in his character is sentenced to eternal damnation and torture? As you said, "everyone has flaws," that makes even more sense for this truly good guy. God is a barbarian.
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:07 am

Who judges who must be send to heaven and to hell? God himself, meaning he has to do it around every 2 seconds.. only women can do more stuff at the same time.

For the other, nobody can kill out of God's name, God never told him to, and if he believes he did, he totally went nuts.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:35 am

who says that the guy who killed hundreds in the name of the Lord will go to heaven neccesarily. there is no such thing as "once saved always saved". people can lose their salvation. for all i know both of those 2 could go to hell, both could go to heaven.
the guy who had premarital sex isnt gonna go to hell simply because he didnt abstain. theres a guy at my church who had premarital sex. he isnt gonna go to hell for it.
as stated before, whether you accept Jesus and repent. but remember, people can lose salvation, i dont believe that all the leaders over the centuries who were Christians would of gone to heaven. im not saying they all went to hell however.

probably stated for a third time, but; ALL PEOPLE are allowed into heaven, if they repent and accept Jesus into their lives. God doesnt go: no, i dont want steve to get into heaven so he's goin to hell. as an example God will know whether steve was ever gonna accept Jesus, but he still gives us ALL the chance

and the pope thing is more about the church disagreeing with premarital sex. they would rather people abstain from premarital sex than fornicate

and humans are the barbarians, not God.
we exploit each other, we are greedy, we are careless. we hate others, envy them, lie, cheat, steal.

those are the characteristics of barbarians, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God - Is he/she real?   God - Is he/she real? Empty

Back to top Go down

God - Is he/she real?
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next