Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.

Go down 
+7
Sp33dY
GDC|St!X
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Reaper
Quality
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
Rubberduck
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AmatoR
Admirable GDC|Member
Admirable GDC|Member

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-17

A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:04 am

in response to the previous 2 posts:

Maybe I should have made a better distinction here, between high admins and low admins.

I was level 16 a long time ago and I agree, i considered it to be my job to keep my home server a good environment. And I see my r.l. brother (rooky) busy 24 hours a day almost, always trying to fix things for GDC. I think he spends more time 'working' for GDC than anybody else. Hell, I think he even spends more time working for GDC than for his real life job! But that is his choice.

And obviously, if you are a HAC it is your job to keep the servers 'clean' and at peace, I fully agree and reckognize and appreciate the need for these 'jobs'.

My point however, was that there are also people who just want to be a member, and play in the GDC servers with GDC tags. Not everybody want's to do what you do, have the responsibilities of being a co-leader or HAC or whatever.

By applying strict rules to the potential recruits you limit the 'pool' from which to select new recruits considerably. And that's what I wanted to say, I think GDC needs more members and I think applying very strict rules will limit that. So I would say, still apply those same rules, but do it a bit later, when people are getting higher ranks.
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

Number of posts : 2320
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:05 am

Yes, but do you know what our job mainly exists of? Yep, punishing, trying to get those little fun members on trail again. Because for a random pubber that comes on the server, it doesn't matter if it's a GDC high or low admin. It's a GDC admin, and he is being ignoring the rules etc. Guests will think like: bad clan, let's leave.

To say my point short: Without all those "little admins" playing for fun and acting bad. We higher admins could start playing and enjoying too. We have to do so much, because they don't. They are giving us a bad name.
Back to top Go down
AmatoR
Admirable GDC|Member
Admirable GDC|Member

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:20 am

Rubberduck wrote:

To say my point short: Without all those "little admins" playing for fun and acting bad. We higher admins could start playing and enjoying too. We have to do so much, because they don't. They are giving us a bad name.

With that, I totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Bahamut Zero
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Bahamut Zero

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:44 am

When I joined GDC I had about 0 knowlage about commands, rules admin ...
About 90% of all the stuff I know now I learned here in GDC.
So being in GDC will allow people to learn and gain experiance.

I think it would be best to: Keep old rules but Make sure new members read the rules and know ATLEAST the basics.
But for promotion they will need to do one of those test (and be active etc etc)
All level tests should be basec around a certain subject.
(Example: Cheats, Commands, Rules)
So that when members reach lvl 16+ they will have the knowlage and experiance and are ready for higher admin.

These "test" dont need to be hard or anything because else it will one scare people away, but good enough to check if they are ready.

This way members are able to gain experiance as low level members and our future high admins will have the knowlage they need to do their job.

I apologize for some of the spelling errors and I do hope people will agree with me Smile
I am pretty sure I forgot a part of my story while typing ... Ill edit this once I remember it ...
- So basicly my idea is a combination of both old rules and rubbers idea's.

Last edited by GDC|Bahamut Zero|FS*L on Sat May 09, 2009 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:46 am

Okay, it seems clear then, stays as it is.
I'll lock it tomorrow, if anyone needs to give his opinion, feel free.
Back to top Go down
FrostBite
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
FrostBite

Number of posts : 824

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:29 am

how about GDC becomes a more stricter place to recruit in. the recruit must have an account on the forums before joining and must post in the base that they want to join.

*GDC|Delling|SD'F wrote:
If you see perfectly.Anyone can get 2/1 k/d and 25+ acc,a freaking panzer
can get that too,that's why it's so low,if they have atleast that then they
have played the game for a while,and they atleast know more than
a new person,who will want to play the game 20 questions.

When i started playing first a 2/1 k/d was ridiculiously easy, why because playing CSS or COD is the exact same as WET. different graphics but same principle. i'm sure if someone who plays COD4 all day was given WET he'd easily get 4/1 k/d, not because he knows the game but because it's easy to get it from playing other similar games.

Rubberduck wrote:
1) Can you define an aimbot (an Aimbot is a program
which automatically aims your aim, so the only think you have to do is
shoot)
2) What is the difference between an aimbot and a wallhack
(An aimbot is to have an automised aim, a wallhack makes you look
through walls.)
3) How do you use commands (Put a ! before a command you have. Like !Kick person
4) How can you change rate, maxpackets in the console? (/cl_maxpackets (number), /rate (number)
5)
Name 4 rules of our server (Don't walljump over the Old City wall and
sort that other sort of major objective walls (yes the definition of
the rule seems vague to me), Don't cheat, respect all players, don't
use glitches, don't use bad language)\

I am not saying these
questions should be used but these could be examples. Probably some
won't know the answers, but they can find it at google in no-time. If
we let them return at the level 12 quiz (only then with more questions)
we will know for sure they'll remember them.

as for those rules, they are pointless in telling something about someone.
ask them for 3or4 GDC specific rules, not map rules.
or asking them what HAC is?
or who are the server leaders.

what i'm saying is ask for stuff that only those who play on GDC alot would know or those who visit the forum.
Back to top Go down
GDC|St!X
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
GDC|St!X

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:16 am

i totaly like the idea of bahmut..

i think the authors..(whoever it was Wink)
had a reason why they made it that way..
so we should stay at that..therefor we
need good recruiters..

and than if you want to get higher admin..youll
have to do a test..like i said..
but i suggest totally different questions..
maybe someting about comands and the server ofc..
but also some quests about the members..
so we are sure they get to know each other..
and can communicate..! cause i think everyone should
know at least his server-mates..!
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:38 am

FrostBite wrote:
as for those rules, they are pointless in telling something about someone.
ask them for 3or4 GDC specific rules, not map rules.
or asking them what HAC is?
or who are the server leaders.

what i'm saying is ask for stuff that only those who play on GDC alot would know or those who visit the forum.

Feel free to make some.
Back to top Go down
kNite
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
kNite

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:29 am

Imo pretty important

-----
Kicking And Banning

* Kick the guy if hes boting or wallhacking if u are sure if then he comes the same day and bots ban him for 90mins.

* First mute a guy if hes swearing and being rude to other guy other u unmute him and he does it again kick him.

* If people are whining warn them if they still go on mute them if you
unmuted him/her and he still go on kick her after that when he/she still
comes back then mute them forever
* If someone is asking admin levels you kick the person who asked admin level if he still goes on talk to a leader/owner and we will take whats necessary AFTER THAT you will have a 90 min ban

------

+ Some stuff about the spawnlines
+ Something from the roster, so you can tell that he really has checked the forums
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.   A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A recruiter's job + a level 12 quiz.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2