Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rules in diffrent languages?

Go down 
+23
Hamster!
Quality
Zeus
R!Ch#
GDC|$pl@$h|FS*M
GDC|$hock|GDC.
GDC|FLaK|THP
GDC|Hardstyle|GDC
GDC|LaTexX|GDC
GDC|@x3l95|FS*M
AmatoR
Sp33dY
GDC|St!X
.Andy|SD
+GoW|B!t3|GpE
CH!P$
GDC|TWIEBOL|FS*O
Tera
Rubberduck
GDC|Ruiner|FS*L
SirLagALot|HAC*L
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
QU33N
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
QU33N
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
QU33N

Number of posts : 780
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Rules in diffrent languages? Empty
PostSubject: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:56 am

Soooo i was thinking...since we have members comming from diffrent countries and not everyone r talking proper english i thought we could make GDC rules we have in diffrent languages, like finish, polish, (netherland(is that how u call their language?)) dutch XD, german, slovenian... And i was thinking it could go straigh under top posters on our portal.
May be stupid idea and i know our members r supposed to talk english and only english, but everyone cant speak english and clan is not going that well, well atleast How, but i mean atleast they have chance to read rules in their language and they will see that they should talk only english on servers...It would be easier for ppl to understand in their language what they can and what they cant?

If this is smart idea, we should get members to translate it to their language and put it on?

So what do you think?
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:57 am

well i thinks its a good idea, especially for the new members whove just joined and dont speak good english
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
SirLagALot|HAC*L

Number of posts : 4409
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:17 am

it's a good idea, but whoever translates should be VERY fluent in english and the language, because a lot of people know only enough to get by, not everything
Back to top Go down
GDC|Ruiner|FS*L
Dignified GDC|Member
Dignified GDC|Member
GDC|Ruiner|FS*L

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 5:35 am

I think it´s and exellent idea especally for the new members who dont understand English
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:02 am

As said before,this is a English Speaking clan,no other languages except for
entertainment.
Also First said this,so he will agree only English.
Back to top Go down
QU33N
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
QU33N

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:49 am

Dell did u read what i posted or u r readin just ppl's replays?
Im not saying they r allowed to speak their language, i mean rules in their own language, so those who dont understand english that good r able to read it in their language.
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

Number of posts : 2320
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:12 am

I fully agree with you Queen. I volunteer for the dutch translation, though many of us could do that. Though I am a little wondering which languages we should take? We should take Finnish, Polish and Dutch for a start. I don't exactly know who's from where...

Delling, putting our rules in different languages will make it easier for people to read. As I am pretty much grown up with English, there's no big difference between reading English and Dutch, but for a lot of people there is. Rules should be read by everyone, and it'll take a lot shorter for many to have it in their own language.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:34 am

*GDC|Delling|SD'F wrote:
As said before,this is a English Speaking clan,no other languages except for
entertainment.
as queen said, did you even read what this topic is about?
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
Tera
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 8:54 am

Imo, we dont really need it, after all every one should be able to speak and read english if they are in clan.   *Tera
Back to top Go down
http://www.fail.fi
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:40 am

To give you a fine example:
Rules in diffrent languages? 0f0d623dcddc9374e020dd99f31c4d73231ba525

I've asked that member to read the rules, I asked for a few things because I wanted to know he did it. He did, that's really great, but that's not the point here. The point is, this guy is from Germany, and the rules are a big piece of english language to read. If it would be german, it'd be easier and quicker for him. He did succeed, and his english basics are fine, but we could spend him some time to translate it.
Back to top Go down
GDC|TWIEBOL|FS*O
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|TWIEBOL|FS*O

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:36 am

good idea queen i vote yes?
Back to top Go down
CH!P$
Admirable GDC|Member
Admirable GDC|Member
CH!P$

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:54 am

Yes very good idea ! I can try to translate in french.
Back to top Go down
+GoW|B!t3|GpE
Admirable GDC|Member
Admirable GDC|Member
+GoW|B!t3|GpE

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:30 am

wow rubberduck you took screens???
and thx that you wrote that i did it good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
.Andy|SD
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
.Andy|SD

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:04 pm

huhm.. well.. actually those rules we have are not hard to understand in english.. I mean that most words like ' sk / spawnkill, roof, no noob calling etc.. ' I think most of people know those as they've played ET before joining clan. And well, if they dont understand those simple things in ET, then its pretty bad.
But im 50:50 about the idea, I dont mind.
Back to top Go down
QU33N
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
QU33N

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 2:33 am

SO Y/N?
Lock/Delete?
SA/SO answers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 2:38 am

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:
*GDC|Delling|SD'F wrote:
As said
before,this is a English Speaking clan,no other languages except for
entertainment.
as queen said, did you even read what this topic is about?

Actually I did read,I meant to say that why make the rules different languages
when it's an English clan,so everything must be in English.
Back to top Go down
GDC|St!X
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
GDC|St!X

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 2:55 am

i understand dellings point..
and in a way i agree with him..
all members should talk good english..to
understand everything..and be understanded..by
everyone..

but anyways..i like queens idea..because
sometimes there are members..and there english isnt
that good..so in my opinion..you should
make it at entertainment..i think there is it allowed!?
and make the rules...in: dutch,finish,polish
and if needed..other languages..
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:22 am

Delling, it's not about having a bad english, but still their native language will be more easy. Even though I agree those rules are pretty clear, having them translated will mean only less misunderstandings, which we could use here.
Back to top Go down
Sp33dY
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
Sp33dY

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:28 am

Rubberduck wrote:
I fully agree with you Queen. I volunteer for the dutch translation, though many of us could do that. Though I am a little wondering which languages we should take? We should take Finnish, Polish and Dutch for a start. I don't exactly know who's from where...

Delling, putting our rules in different languages will make it easier for people to read. As I am pretty much grown up with English, there's no big difference between reading English and Dutch, but for a lot of people there is. Rules should be read by everyone, and it'll take a lot shorter for many to have it in their own language.

i agree to put in diffrent languages cause lot of ppl can speak english but for a lot of ppl its hard to read long texts in english too thats why we should put in diffrent languages and not cause ppl dont speak english but for making easyer to read lng texts. (lot of ppl dont read rules because its to long to read in another language, if it should be in there language they should read them more i think)
Back to top Go down
AmatoR
Admirable GDC|Member
Admirable GDC|Member

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:39 am

aren't the rules in somebodies native language an excellent place to explain that within GDC, English is the main language?

Integrating this in the rules would make it clear from the start that if somebody is not willing to learn English is 'not welcome' in this clan. It gives people a chance to decide for themselves whether or not they want to learn to speak English (and join GDC).

But give them at least a chance to do so and learn it. So I say, Qu33n, this is a great idea!
Back to top Go down
Sp33dY
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
Sp33dY

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:58 am

some ppl want to learn english and can speak english but dont like reading long texts in english because ots hard for some ppl to read all.
Back to top Go down
GDC|@x3l95|FS*M
Reverend GDC|Member
Reverend GDC|Member

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 1:36 pm

yes i could do the german translation since i go to school in switzerland but im also american!
Back to top Go down
GDC|LaTexX|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|LaTexX|GDC

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 2:04 pm

This is a Good idea ..

i know it's hard to understand Evrything of the rules(and the english language) ..
When i first played on ET it was on GDC, Bone said it was 1 of the best clans ;D
I didn't know the rules and i never read them Bcuzz it was a very long text .

The point is if there is a translation it's much easier for New mems,
They can Print it off and lay it down next to them.
And if they think that something is Wrong they can look fast at the rules.

(P.S.- I can help with the dutch translation. !!)
|LaTexX|
Back to top Go down
http://nl.netlog.com/Giilles_
GDC|Hardstyle|GDC
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Hardstyle|GDC

Number of posts : 1521
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:22 pm

dont think this is a good idea because if they have read them in there own languages and they want to join the clan they still dont talk english very good or cant talk it. then u get miscomunicating like there was in white and not even because somebody did not talk english very well.
Back to top Go down
+GoW|B!t3|GpE
Admirable GDC|Member
Admirable GDC|Member
+GoW|B!t3|GpE

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:51 am

i vote yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules in diffrent languages?   Rules in diffrent languages? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rules in diffrent languages?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next