Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Testing

Go down 
+11
FrostBite
Lone Wolf
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
R!Ch#
SirLagALot|HAC*L
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|Singima|420*L
leighton9999
Rubberduck
H@r!$s
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lone Wolf
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
Lone Wolf

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Animal Testing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 4:56 am

its their choice...
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

Number of posts : 2320
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 7:22 am

It's not really their choice, that's the problem. Because I believe they're being fooled like: Dude, come over here, take a little of my (ooh so secret) "chocolate milk" and then you can go again. You'll get a million bucks if you do so. Any fool agrees with that, when it seems later, when the (ooh so secret) "chocolate milk" starts to kick in. The person dies. Ah well, he didn't get his money yet. Poor victim.

I can't do anything more than agree with Beowolf. So I am afraid I am sort of done in this debate.
Back to top Go down
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:51 am

When ppl go into these clinical trails which they get paided for, the scienctists still have to test the drug in the laboratary first before they can start on humans, only till the medical ageny gives them the go ahead to test it on Humans.

Many ppl who go to a clinical trail don't DIE, they might receive side-effects from such medication but there have been very rare cases in which ppl have died. Plus som ppl are given a placebo so they obviously don't die, this ensures that the results aren't bais.
Back to top Go down
kNite
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
kNite

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Im ok with animal testing when trying to get a cure for Swineflu, Aids, cancer... but can't you test the make-ups and parfumes on a human? Its rather rare to die in such thing and ofc you get paid for it.

But what do you guys think about clothes? Is it right to kill Minks and other animals just for clothes. When you can make them from other materials
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:40 am

i dont mind people killing for clothes, but i think it also depends on the animal. make as much handbags as you want out of crocodiles because they are starting to become a problem in australia.
with stuff like minks i dunno, sure if they wanna wear them go ahead, but dont hunt em to extinction or close to it

however i always disagree with activists like greenpeace and peta, who go around causing disruption and problems

i say let the japs eat their whales, but i also say that the japs should slow down a little so that they will have whales to eat in the future
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:49 am

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:
i dont mind people killing for clothes, but i think it also depends on the animal. make as much handbags as you want out of crocodiles because they are starting to become a problem in australia.
with stuff like minks i dunno, sure if they wanna wear them go ahead, but dont hunt em to extinction or close to it

however i always disagree with activists like greenpeace and peta, who go around causing disruption and problems

i say let the japs eat their whales, but i also say that the japs should slow down a little so that they will have whales to eat in the future

I totally agree with your comment.
If we don't kill animals for other things like clothes etc which we have been doing since the past 2000 years they wil just get crowded and we could help them a bit by reducing the compition for food.
So using them for animal testing isn't wrong coz we have so many vermins to test on it will help the planet getting rid of them coz they just carry desiese
Back to top Go down
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
B.A.M.F.
B.A.M.F.
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP

Number of posts : 772

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:09 am

Okay a lot of people agreed with Beo's first statement, but I'm sorry what has gotten into you all?

People are 'much worse' than animals???

How do you compare? They do not have reason and do not understand why they do the things they do. We do and I would say most people are humane.

I don't see how you can even make a comparison. I mean cmon do people run and choke a deer out and start eating it alive? No I don't think so. I'm just really confused by your reasoning.
Back to top Go down
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:35 am

*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP wrote:
Okay a lot of people agreed with Beo's first statement, but I'm sorry what has gotten into you all?

People are 'much worse' than animals???

How do you compare? They do not have reason and do not understand why they do the things they do. We do and I would say most people are humane.

I don't see how you can even make a comparison. I mean cmon do people run and choke a deer out and start eating it alive? No I don't think so. I'm just really confused by your reasoning.

Personally i didn't agree with Beowolfs opinion about "humans being worse than animals" this is just degrading to humans. If u give animals the same rights as humans it merely suggests that humans are on the same level as animals which is not right becasue we are far much superior then them.

But when Overmind says that people don't run around and choke deer and eat them alive, well he is right we just shoot them xD
But if a predator doesn't run around and choke his prey how do you expect it to live??
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

Number of posts : 2320

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 4:37 am

*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP wrote:
I mean cmon do people run and choke a deer out and start eating it alive?

No, but we run out with a shotgun, shoot it once or twice, don't spend much more ammo and take it (dunno if it's alive), place it above a fire and eat it...

Much difference?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:30 am

Rubberduck wrote:
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP wrote:

No, but we run out with a shotgun, shoot it once or twice, don't spend much more ammo and take it (dunno if it's alive), place it above a fire and eat it...

Much difference?

yes.
animals kill when they need to i didnt heard anywhere, that an animal attacked some1, just to brag with it to her friends. and they always take out the weak and the old animals (like wolfs do), so they always care abaut earth not geting poluted with too much animals
Back to top Go down
kNite
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
kNite

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:50 am

The animal that was killed by another animal at least lived in the nature freely, unlike in our slaughter houses.
And we have killed/tortured each other and made a lot of destruction.

We are kinda the same with animals, we kill other people to survive, we protect our 'nest' from other people, we have our territories and we kill for food. We just do it in other ways, sometimes worse, sometimes better.

But imo humans are bit worse, we are self consciousness and we have a conscience, still we are doing things like killing for fun and capturing animals and taking their freedom just take make some nice, soft clothes from them.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:05 am

Rubberduck wrote:
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP wrote:

Much difference?
yes, that steak is gonna taste so much nicer if its been cooked

however knite, you make it sound as if im gonna kill all my enemies to "survive". we may kill each other to survive, but that happens mostly in wars, which has more to do with freedom than eating my nextdoor neighbour because he is in my territory
im gonna keep my home safe from robbers and arsonists, that dont mean im like an animal.
you compare animals to humans saying we are alike, yet state that humans kill each other (wars etc) and tortured and destroyed places. animals DONT do that.

and what about people who live in rural or country areas of places? they might not get their meat for slaughterhouses, they might be farmers and eat their own lamb, eggs, honey and feta cheese. they killed those animals in the wild.

but remember, the people who kill those animals arent the same people as you and I. i wouldnt be killing those animals simply cause i have better things to do with my life.
if somebody wants to go hunt game for fun, go ahead, just make sure there are enough left so that you can do it next time.
Back to top Go down
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
SirLagALot|HAC*L

Number of posts : 4409
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:05 am

and about the deer, i hear there are some places in america where they have special reserve-type thingos where they have tame, unskittish deer that you can shoot for a bit of money to make you feel like a big man
Back to top Go down
kNite
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
kNite

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 3:21 pm

kNite wrote:

We are kinda the same with animals, we kill other people to survive, we protect our 'nest' from other people, we have our territories and we kill for food. We just do it in other ways, sometimes worse, sometimes better

This was the part were I compare. I'm not saying "We do the exact same things and act the same way as animals, so we are totally equal to animals!", I'm saying we have some same mm.. features. If someone tries to rob your house, you would probably try to scare him away or beat him up if possible or in rare cases, kill. Animals can roar and make them self look big. With territory I refer to countries. Not your back yard or your home which is your 'nest'

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:
they might not get their meat for
slaughterhouses, they might be farmers and eat their own lamb, eggs,
honey and feta cheese. they killed those animals in the wild.
Still (not actually sure) but I think that about 90% of the people dont do that. They just eat the meat from the shop which came (in most cases) from the slaughter house.

Yea they are not me or you, but there are animals also that don't hunt and rip up other animals

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:
if somebody wants to go hunt game for fun, go ahead, just make sure there are enough left so that you can do it next time.
Yeah take a life just for fun. Really kool.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:47 am

i am not going to be charged with murder if i shoot a goat. i AM going to be charged with murder if i shoot a human and kill him. why? cause humans are more important
Back to top Go down
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
GDC|Supreme Assistant
GDC|Supreme Assistant
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 11:05 am

Ahhh but wait, you can be charged with animal crulety.
Back to top Go down
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:52 pm

But that is different from murder, because for committing murder you get a life sentence but for animal cruelty u will get fined. Animals are important as humans like Bazooka said
Back to top Go down
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm

GDC|H@ri$s|FS*M wrote:
But that is different from murder, because for committing murder you get a life sentence but for animal cruelty u will get fined. Animals are important as humans like Bazooka said

It's flooding, you're on the roof of your house. You are being rescued, but only you and one other thing can fit: You're favorite dog who has been with you for 10 years, or your 5 year old sister?
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:34 am

*GDC|Beowolf|GDC wrote:
Ahhh but wait, you can be charged with animal crulety.
not if i eat the goat cause i was hungry, as long as its not somebody elses goat
Back to top Go down
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:15 pm

Leighton sorry about the post above it is suppose to "aren't important" next time i check
And i would obviously save my sister, her life is more to me than a Dog even if he has been with me for 10 years
Back to top Go down
kNite
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
kNite

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:28 pm

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:
i am not going to be charged with murder if i shoot a goat. i AM going to be charged with murder if i shoot a human and kill him. why? cause humans are more important

Yea by law you'll get charged. It doesn't say whats more important really.. It depends who is looking at it.

And answer to your why, would probably be, because humans have grown together and protect each other and have for years hunted animals. Still neither one of them is more important. Atleast the animals ain't destroyin the world Surprised

And to Lei's question, I would save my sister, the dog would anyways die in 10~years. (Tho I dont have a dog so its pretty hard to answer that rlly)
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 4:12 am

i got a dog and id rather save my dog, cause my brothers a loser.
nah id save my brother

animals dont help humanity by eating grass or hunting other animals. unless they are getting fatter so we can eat them. there are people who are destroying parts of the earth, but there are also those trying to help it.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
Esteemed GDC|Member
Esteemed GDC|Member
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:

animals dont help humanity by eating grass or hunting other animals. unless they are getting fatter so we can eat them. there are people who are destroying parts of the earth, but there are also those trying to help it.

almost all the predators eat only the sick or old animals, so they keep the ecosystem in the right track, if you kill too many, it becomes exstink, kill too les, it gets out of hand.

annd if you ask me, every single person on earth is helping to destroy it, even babies.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2009 1:56 am

Lone Wolf wrote:
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:

almost all the predators eat only the sick or old animals, so they keep the ecosystem in the right track, if you kill too many, it becomes exstink, kill too les, it gets out of hand.

annd if you ask me, every single person on earth is helping to destroy it, even babies.
but would they rather eat the stuff in its prime? yes, they just harder to get
Back to top Go down
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 3:43 am

What the hell is that post about SNEAKY, i class that as spam coz you are not even giving a reason why u "believe" in animal testing

If u don't have anything relevant to say then don't say anything at all

Thanks
HK Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Testing
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gunner's Dream Clan :: Members/Guests Desk :: General Talk :: Debate Board-