Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Testing

Go down 
+11
FrostBite
Lone Wolf
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
R!Ch#
SirLagALot|HAC*L
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|Singima|420*L
leighton9999
Rubberduck
H@r!$s
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:54 am

Animal testing is done a lot in modern day society but do you think this is RIGHT or WRONG?!?!?!?!

Don't just put yes or no explain why you think it is wrong or right Smile

Thanks
HK
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

Number of posts : 2320
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:58 am

It's not really right or wrong. It's sad for them, and I couldn't, but it's better (for me) that they die, than me. Though this is only for strong medicines, like cancer solutions for example. I disagree with the testing of cosmetics on them. It's cruel to let them die, because you want red nails.
Back to top Go down
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Rubberduck wrote:
It's not really right or wrong. It's sad for them, and I couldn't, but it's better (for me) that they die, than me. Though this is only for strong medicines, like cancer solutions for example. I disagree with the testing of cosmetics on them. It's cruel to let them die, because you want red nails.

I agree with u about testing animals for cancer solutions but not about the nails.
Although it may be cruel but hunting (hunting them for fun) is that not cruel. Animals don't have the same rights as us so testing cosmetics on them is fair because some are bread for testing on. Also it doesn't have rights because they don't have any moral judgement they just do what they are programmed to do (instints) unlike humans.
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

Number of posts : 2320

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:27 pm

I disagree with you.

There's a difference between hunting, and torturing them. If you're out in the wild hunting, they know it, it's nature. Even though humans seem so civilised, we have an instinct too, a greed for power and might. You're somehow fighting with nature, just like a lion that goes for dinner. It may look cruel, but it's not.

Testing on them on the other hand, you're already holding them, you've "won" the so called battle. You are deciding or they should live or die, just because you're curious and you want to know the difference between light and dark red nails. You're killing them because you want to look good, while even half the men population on this damned earth don't even notice it. That's cruel.
Back to top Go down
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Rubberduck wrote:

That sums my opinion up.
Back to top Go down
GDC|Singima|420*L
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Singima|420*L

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Well I Hate It "Animals Get Killed Or Bold And Stuff Like That So People Can Smell Better Or ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gdclan.tk/
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:46 am

leighton9999 wrote:
Rubberduck wrote:

That sums my opinion up.
ditto

humans are more important than animals
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
SirLagALot|HAC*L

Number of posts : 4409
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyTue May 05, 2009 6:12 am

humans ARE animals, just slightly better created (or higher on the evolutionary ladder, if you will. lol)
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:05 am

lets not go down that path
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
R!Ch#
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
R!Ch#

Number of posts : 713
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:19 am

but sirlag is right
who sais that we are allowed to handle the animals like we want to?
but i think rubberduck is right
if there are very important medicins like for cancer of hiv its ok i think
Back to top Go down
H@r!$s
Stately GDC|Member
Stately GDC|Member
H@r!$s

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyTue May 05, 2009 12:29 pm

We might be animals but we contribute to society more than animals. And we are far superior to them since they do things by instinct and we don't. Granting animals the same rights as us is just degrading to humans since we are far superior, so we are basically just at the same level of animals when we are clearly not.

We are much more and we can handle them the way we want, you eat them and yet we can't use them for experimants, you hunt for fun and personal gain but we are still not allowed to experiment on them. so Why do we have to alienate animal testing then???????
Back to top Go down
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
GDC|Supreme Assistant
GDC|Supreme Assistant
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-20

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyWed May 06, 2009 12:13 am

If we are so much better than animals, then why can't we live better together? Why do we destroy almost everything we do? We take from the planet, but don't give back.

Animals, though they do have their moments, basically live in peace within their species. Though, territorial bouts do come up, you don't see one animal of a particular species killing the same animal of that species because their coloring is different. You don't see animals killing other animals due to their belief or disbalief of a higher power.

So tell me, who is better. Humans, which kill because of race, religioin, politics, greed, lust and so on. OR animals, that kill when they need to eat, or by instinct?
Back to top Go down
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
B.A.M.F.
B.A.M.F.
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP

Number of posts : 772

Animal Testing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Testing   Animal Testing EmptyWed May 06, 2009 1:04 am

I'm not sure I agree entirely with all the posts, but I believe only in important testing to our health or the world's health should animals be used to test human products. It is only the way of nature to do so if you look at it in a perspective that if human tested a human first it would be cruel and unusual. It would make us even more unlike the animals we're debating on.

Anyway not opening a religious talk either in the debate board, but I personally believe every living thing has a 'soul' as most would call it. Therefore, if they are being killed I understand it could be a similar thing that happens to myself upon death. Dying without meaning isn't right (if it can be prevented of course) and the same goes with the little critters. ^ ^

Here's something I came across that makes me see possible evidence my way of thinking is correct: