Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to make your computer faster (Part 1)

Go down 
+15
GDC|$pl@$h|FS*M
GDC|Altair|SD
GDC|drag|
GDC|Hardstyle|GDC
GDC|War_Trouble|
GDC|Bone
GDC|St!X
*X*
GDC|YUJI|SOV*O
AimGoD
GDC|Crytec*#|SD'M
GDC|Enigma|HAC/THP
$outhie# Universe#
TuRkisH aka KING_TURKEY
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

Number of posts : 746
Location : im 100m away from you and locked target at your head
Registration date : 2009-01-03

How to make your computer faster (Part 1) Empty
PostSubject: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:26 am

PART 1
Frozen screens, slow applications and lots of system failures. F words often fly freely in the air when you sit in front of the computer if it runs completely miserable. The most know the situation, but few knows that there are a lots of simple tips and tricks that can get the old and almost sick PC to slow up and run again.

Another thing that often causes the computer to run slowly on track, the so-called spyware programs. These are small programs that are automatically installed on your computer when you surf on the Internet. It happens without you have influence on it.

- They absorb much power. The fewest checks and it may cause your browser, which is the program used to surf the web on to run slowly and may go to the sides of themselves that you do not want to address.

- There are plenty of free programs that you can use to get rid of them. It's a good idea to buy them.

- I believe that one can keep their computer running at least a year longer if we just maintain it a bit.
By using a minimum amount of time to maintain their computer so the machine can hold up to several years longer.

- New computers will start to run fine. But as time passes your computer becomes slower and becomes dull.

- Time passes and you have installed a lot of programs that you can quickly forget about again.

Although the programs are not active, they can easily be swallowing a lot of effort from the computer because they are looking for updates. It does not, but it slows the system. Especially if you have many programs. Therefore, de-install what you are not using.

PART 2
Remove 'Spyware'

The Internet is filled with small spying, which attaches itself to your computer without you discover it. Those who have created programs, to monitor your traffic on the network. Although the various antivirus programs and your computer's firewall will stop most, so you can benefit from running a particular spyware program once in a while. One of the best and most recognized programs called Ad-Aware and is free to download at www.lavasoft.com.

PART 3
Delete unnecessary files

Make sure there is always 20 percent. hard disk space. Otherwise your operating system will start to work slower because it can not use the free space as memory. A good idea is to have two hard drives. One of the operating system and one of your pictures, movies and programs.

PART 4

Turn off programs

When programs run in the background it lowers the computer's speed. Be sure to close any programs you do not use. Many programs start automatically at boot, without you discover it. To remove these if you are a Windows user, press the Windows button, select 'all programs' then click' start '. Here you can see which programs that start automatically with Windows. To remove them, right-click and choose 'delete'.

PART 5
Protect against viruses

Many doesnt have an antivirus, as these can be expensive and troublesome to install. But actually you do not need to pull your wallet out of your pocket, as there are several free antivirus programs of high quality on the Internet. One of the best known is AVG antivirus, which can be downloaded free at www.grisoft.com.

PART 6
Delete Cookies

A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your Internet browser, which then can be saved on your computer. The more you surf, the more cookies lies on your computer. Therefore, it may be a good idea to remove many files from time to time. You can find 'delete cookies' within your Internet browser under' features' and 'Internet Options'.

PART 7
Change Browser

Your Web browser is the program that you open when you want to go on the Internet. On most computers the default program is Microsoft Internet Explorer. If you think that the browser is often slow and comes with many error messages, it can be usefully try to install the web browser Mozilla Firefox. The program has been available for several years and considered the world's best browser.

PART 8
Delete your old programs

If you have installed programs that you do not really spend more, so uninstall them from your computer. Even if you do not start the programs, they often start themselves and looking for updates from the manufacturer. It costs a lot of force in the computer. Remember that it is not enough just to remove the shortcut from the computer, the program must un-install completely.

there are 3 parts more ill upload them later today.
'Hope these will help ya.
Back to top Go down
TuRkisH aka KING_TURKEY
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
TuRkisH aka KING_TURKEY

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:30 am

good job.
Back to top Go down
http://38kayseri38.myminicity.com/tra
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:33 am

ty Turkish im about to make a part 2 now xD
Back to top Go down
$outhie# Universe#
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
$outhie# Universe#

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:36 am

Nice work !
Although i knew al those ;D

Respect
Back to top Go down
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:42 am

oh well maybe someone doesnt know so i maked this just in case

sry for double post
Back to top Go down
GDC|Enigma|HAC/THP
GDC|Supreme Assistant
GDC|Supreme Assistant

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 4:45 am

Buy a new and better one, topic closed?^^
Back to top Go down
GDC|Crytec*#|SD'M
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Crytec*#|SD'M

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:21 am

nice topic =)
Back to top Go down
AimGoD
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
AimGoD

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:25 am

I have a question, someone got experience with ad-aware? Because I need a good free virus scanner, I got avast now, but I don't know, is avast good? Or should I use ad-aware? Please someone tell me, is it just good to have avast, or do I need to install somthing else with it? And one more thing: U wrote this: Many programs start automatically at boot,
without you discover it. To remove these if you are a Windows user,
press the Windows button, select 'all programs' then click' start '. Can u or someone else(I prefer dutch) tell me how to do that, it wont work for me or I do somthing wrong.

P.S Good job man, this might help people Wink.

-AimGoD
Back to top Go down
http://www.sesamstraat.nl
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:14 am

yes ill tell you
ill start with your 2nd question
ill try to explain as good as i can:

first press start then go to all programs and now you must find "start" it is typically
between games (over start) and accesories (under start) then roll your mouse over it then there comes a menu to the right with some programms if we take Adobe Reader Quick Start, right click it then choose delete but there comes a warning:
you will only delete the shortcut but not the program just click yes cos it is the shortcut that you want deleted then it will not search for updates.

and the first question umm well i dont know what Avast is and i dont got Ad-aware i got Norton antivirus anti spyware and firewall
Back to top Go down
AimGoD
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
AimGoD

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:50 am

I also got norton, it's running a scan now, it's called, Norton Security Scan, is that a good one? And does it automatically delete the infected files? Please response fast, so I can play ET again Very Happy

-AimGoD
Back to top Go down
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 12:16 pm

ok ill ask you is it only Norton security scan that you have got?
Back to top Go down
AimGoD
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
AimGoD

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 3:29 pm

I just download norton antivirus and deleted norton security, it has a trial for 15 days, but I think I cracked it up, so the trial days will freeze Smile.

But maybe it failed. I have to wait for result, if the day count tomorrow is still 15 then it worked Smile.

-AimGoD
Back to top Go down
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 am

well norton security scan only scans for virus spyware etc... it will not delete only scan . But if you got norton antivirus and norton spyware and norton firewall etc.... it will delete it.
Back to top Go down
AimGoD
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
AimGoD

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 am

GDC|ArchAngel|GDC wrote:
well norton security scan only scans for virus spyware etc... it will not delete only scan . But if you got norton antivirus and norton spyware and norton firewall etc.... it will delete it.

I just got one program called Norton Antivirus, do I need to get anything else?
Anyways it's cracked, so I can use it a lot Very Happy

-AimGoD
Back to top Go down
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:52 am

do you got any firewall and antispyware???

it doesnt have to be norton
Back to top Go down
AimGoD
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
AimGoD

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 3:55 pm

I don't think so, give me example?
Is that needed then?

-AimGOD
Back to top Go down
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 10:57 am

cant you download norton firewall or anti spyware cracked??

if you cant then try AVG as i said in the tutorial its free i think
Back to top Go down
AimGoD
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
AimGoD

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:01 am

Sorry I'm late xD!
But listen, are the firewall and spyware needed above the virus thing?

-AimGoD
Back to top Go down
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:02 am

well you got antivirus but...

you also need firewall to block for example: Trojan Horse or when you are playing a game maybe they trick you to download something then its called a trojan horse because: the program or file seems normal but when you download it BAMM you got virus spyware etc...

and spyware well they check your credit card usernames et...

so its a good idea to get a firewall and anti-spyware
Back to top Go down
AimGoD
Venerable GDC|Member
Venerable GDC|Member
AimGoD

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:30 am

GDC|ArchAngel|GDC wrote:
well you got antivirus but...

you also need firewall to block for example: Trojan Horse or when you are playing a game maybe they trick you to download something then its called a trojan horse because: the program or file seems normal but when you download it BAMM you got virus spyware etc...

and spyware well they check your credit card usernames et...

so its a good idea to get a firewall and anti-spyware

Ok I'll try to do that in the weekend Smile

-AimGoD
Back to top Go down
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:16 am

ok good hope you will get it xD
Back to top Go down
GDC|YUJI|SOV*O
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|YUJI|SOV*O

Number of posts : 1261
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:49 am

What is the latest version of Norton?
Back to top Go down
http://goliathdestroyerflee.darkbb.com
GDC|BlackFire|GDC
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
GDC|BlackFire|GDC

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:13 am

i think its Norton 360 version 2 or something like that
Back to top Go down
*X*
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
*X*

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am

Nice work (ArchAngel) .......

How to make your computer faster (Part 1) Userbar722789
How to make your computer faster (Part 1) X_iron10

How to make your computer faster (Part 1) A5be198815f94e2f0cbd3b0a5271972e_lm

How to make your computer faster (Part 1) Gr_wow11
Back to top Go down
http://www.amrdaeap.jeeran.com
GDC|St!X
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
GDC|St!X

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 9:11 am

i dont know if it fits into this topic
but may you can help me!

sometimes when im playing ET
my screen is frozen!!
im just playing like i usually do..and suddenly i cant do anything!!

plz help me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make your computer faster (Part 1)   How to make your computer faster (Part 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

How to make your computer faster (Part 1)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next