Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lower drinking age?

Go down 
+8
GDC|St!X
GDC|TWIEBOL|FS*O
Rubberduck
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
3nforcer
AlexX
GDC|Elad|HAC*L
leighton9999
12 posters
AuthorMessage
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Lower drinking age? Empty
PostSubject: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:57 pm

Nobody has posted something like this yet, so why not, right?

Reasons to lower drinking age (and therefore purchase) to 18: Shouldn't people that risk their life for their country (soldiers) be able to drink alcohol?
Everybody knows nearly half of all 17-19 year old teens drink...

Debate.
Back to top Go down
GDC|Elad|HAC*L
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|Elad|HAC*L

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:34 am

leighton i think in my country is different, so from what age can you drink at the USA ?

because at israel you have to join the army, and you join at the age of 18, and at that age you can drink too. from 18+...
Back to top Go down
AlexX
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
AlexX

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 am

In the netherlands ur allowed to drink anything to 30%? at a age of 16 any above that u need to be 18+

I like the way it is here, 16 here is about the age u start to like alcoholic drinks and if u disallow it it will only cause massive drinking at once
Back to top Go down
3nforcer
GDC|Leader
GDC|Leader
3nforcer

Number of posts : 491
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 5:55 am

Well i live in the netherlands but i'm only 15 years old
I think that our current age for drinking is ok.

But the real problem is that you have to know when to stop, but most people dont know that.
Back to top Go down
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
B.A.M.F.
B.A.M.F.
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 am

If we had kept the law of 18+ drinking age it would have been fine. Only a few years ago did they make it 21+ in the USA. Now that we have this law in effect, I believe many 18 year olds would be reckless with it if the law changed so I do not believe the age should be lowered now.
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

Number of posts : 2320

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:55 am

true Leighton.

Actually, there's no way to lower it, only to higher the age, because alcohol is dangerous to humans, that's the main reason (I heard) we can't drink beneath 16 here. Strong alcoholic drinks above 18. Yet there are people so stuborn drinking beneath 16, massive 14-15 years old aged kids do it. Though they do it, not because they like it, but to be cool. Yea, I admit, if I could buy it, I'd drink a beer every now and then, because I like it, but I don't.

I think that the big problem of drinking is the groupspressure and I am for a raise to 18, because then the 16-17 years old will start drinking, as they were supposed to be, but 14-15 years old kids should stay with their hands off them.
Back to top Go down
GDC|TWIEBOL|FS*O
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|TWIEBOL|FS*O

Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 am

Man keep the crap about its bad for your health, everyone die one day. Very Happy
Im 16 and proud guy, to drink.
maybe dutch guys know that Noord-Holland drink the most, i live there. We are proud at it Very Happy , at least i am. They must not make the agelimit higher OR lower. i drunk also at my 15 and even somethimes when i was 14. The people who are 15 now here in holland get their drinks anyway, by let other people get it for them. So agelimit is only handy in the disco.

anyway im 16 and dont have the problem anymore Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GDC|St!X
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
GDC|St!X

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 am

well in my opinion such a limit..
is useless..
most ppl i know..
if they want beer or other alkoholic
drinks..they know how to get it..
no matter if they are 16..14..or even
younger..

in germany its almost like in north holland..like
twiebol said..almost every month i hear
from 12 years old little children..who need to
get to hospital..because they are roarly drunken..!

i also like to drink..even if im not 16..or 18 yet..
but i know when i have to stop..
and i think that makes a big difference..!
Back to top Go down
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:56 am

GDC|Elad|HAC*L wrote:
leighton i think in my country is different, so from what age can you drink at the USA ?

because at israel you have to join the army, and you join at the age of 18, and at that age you can drink too. from 18+...

In the USA, you have to be 21 or older to purchase any type of alcohol, but each state has different laws regarding actually drinking that alcohol.

Rubberduck wrote:
because alcohol is dangerous to humans

That statement is only partially true. While drinking a lot of alcohol can be harmful, drinking just a little bit each day has been proven to be helpful to your body.
Back to top Go down
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:01 pm

leighton9999 wrote:

Rubberduck wrote:
because alcohol is dangerous to humans

That statement is only partially true. While drinking a lot of alcohol can be harmful, drinking just a little bit each day has been proven to be helpful to your body.

True, but, I believe this was for red whine, or white whine, maybe both, I'm unsure about beer.
Still as much as I like to drink alcohol next year, I am for raising the age. As my finger hurts now and I'm short on time, I'll post tomorrow my total view Smile
Back to top Go down
GDC|DaRkiE|SD'M
WTF 3000+ Posts!!!
WTF 3000+ Posts!!!
GDC|DaRkiE|SD'M

Number of posts : 3296
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:58 pm

In czech republic you can drink when you're 15+ but me and my friends are drinking already and we're 13+ and nobody have anything against it.
Back to top Go down
Zippo
GDC|Member
GDC|Member
Zippo

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 3:53 pm

lol damn darkie didn't know that but in poland it's 18+ and yeah it's good anyway nobody respect this law here i am 19 now but i drink since im 13

p.s. it's funny in usa you can drive when you are 16 or you could idk if it is still 16 but to drink you need 21 so driving car don't need maturity like for drinking?
Back to top Go down
GDC|Hardstyle|GDC
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Hardstyle|GDC

Number of posts : 1521
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 12:46 am

lol zip u got a point
and the problem is not that people thrink to much (for a part it is) but that they can buy it from 16 in the netherlands i know some people in my class that buy beer for each other.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 2:26 am

GDC|DaRkiE|SD'M wrote:
In czech republic you can drink when you're 15+ but me and my friends are drinking already and we're 13+ and nobody have anything against it.
thats the problem with lowering the drinking age. people younger than the limit will always drink, but lowering it means that younger people that might not have drunk might drink

if thats a little confusing, think of it like this:

18+
------------------------18 (drinking age in australia)
18-

now in the 18- there are gonna be people who drink.

lowering the drinking age

16+
16-

ok now it might be legit for some of the drinkers, but now there are gonna be even younger people drinking that may not have been drinking before
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
Rubberduck
GDC|Coleader
GDC|Coleader
Rubberduck

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 4:51 am

So let's raise it instead so that all beneath 18 will actually be 16 when they drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lower drinking age?   Lower drinking age? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lower drinking age?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gunner's Dream Clan :: Members/Guests Desk :: General Talk :: Debate Board-
Jump to: