Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?

Go down 
+2
SirLagALot|HAC*L
leighton9999
6 posters
AuthorMessage
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? Empty
PostSubject: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 6:11 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/28/supreme.court.indecent.speech/index.html

Summary: The U.S. Supreme Court upheld a ban that prohibited indecent words, such as "F---" and "S---", on Broadcast TV. If a broadcaster breaks this law, they can face a rather hefty fine. They refused to decide whether or not it broke the First Amendment.

First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press
; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So the debate is: Is the Supreme Court breaking the law by passing this law? Also, should the court not also decide on whether or not it breaks the First Amendment since it is the U.S. Supreme Court?
Back to top Go down
SirLagALot|HAC*L
Faggot
Faggot
SirLagALot|HAC*L

Number of posts : 4409
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:43 am

yes. it's not my matter seeing as i'm not american, but yes. if people get offended that i use emotive words that convey my emotions well, they can stick it up their ass and ignore it. damn people these days need to learn to have thicker skin instead of pussyfooting around things
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:05 am

unlike how the world is trying to make things. as protective for everybody in the most inconvenient places and not caring in the places that count

make em all toughen up
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
GDC|Supreme Assistant
GDC|Supreme Assistant
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:01 pm

Here's my view of the Freedom of Speech Amendment.

You are absolutly free to say anything you want. No one is going to stop you from saying what you want to say. BUT, are you prepared to face the concequences of what you say?

You cannot go into the middle of South Central L.A. and start spouting off the "N" word, and not expect to atleast get your ass severly beat. You can scream Freedom of Speech, but they are not going to care.

Congress is saying, if you say those words, prepare to face a punishment. I agree to a certain extent that yes, we do need some censorship due to the fact that we do have kids that watch T.V. as well. And I for one do not want my son to start hearing "F" bombs dropping at 3 in the afternoon.

I do, however, believe after a certain time, primetime on T.V. for example, that that is for young adults - adults. Its our time to watch T.V. It's our time to have our entertainment.

But, people need to stop getting offended. Don't like what you hear? Then don't continue to listen.
Back to top Go down
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 6:32 am

*GDC|Beowolf|GDC wrote:
Here's my view of the Freedom of Speech Amendment.

You are absolutly free to say anything you want. No one is going to stop you from saying what you want to say. BUT, are you prepared to face the concequences of what you say?

You cannot go into the middle of South Central L.A. and start spouting off the "N" word, and not expect to atleast get your ass severly beat. You can scream Freedom of Speech, but they are not going to care.

Congress is saying, if you say those words, prepare to face a punishment. I agree to a certain extent that yes, we do need some censorship due to the fact that we do have kids that watch T.V. as well. And I for one do not want my son to start hearing "F" bombs dropping at 3 in the afternoon.

I do, however, believe after a certain time, primetime on T.V. for example, that that is for young adults - adults. Its our time to watch T.V. It's our time to have our entertainment.

But, people need to stop getting offended. Don't like what you hear? Then don't continue to listen.

Parental controls and having a channel taken off of your network helps as well. Wink
Back to top Go down
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
GDC|Supreme Assistant
GDC|Supreme Assistant
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Again, you are free to say anything you want, but are you ready to face the consequences for what you say?
Back to top Go down
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP
B.A.M.F.
B.A.M.F.
*GDC|OvErMiNd|THP

Number of posts : 772
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:11 pm

Clear channel is satan!
Back to top Go down
Joker
GDC|Recruiter
GDC|Recruiter
Joker

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 1:09 am

IMO everyone has the right 2 say what he wants. But i think there have 2 b some sort of borders. I rly dont know how u in USA handle that but in Germany, u r not allowed 4 example 2 go onto crowded place and scream sth like :"KILL ALL JEWS, YEEEEEEA, ALL FRENCH PERSONS HAVE 2 B DEAD!!"
In that case u hmm want 2 have violence. And there is the border, u can not say everything u want. Or 2 quote Beo, U can say it, but u have 2 face the consequenses.
I personally think it is ok 2 have some sort of censure, as long as it doesnt stop u telling ur stuff (which is supposed 2 b NOT against the law).
About these words.. I dont know how many kids watch at this time TV.. Sure there will some b. But who knew if they will hear that word somewhere else?
The TV is only one source 4 kids 2 get their knowledge, so if they dont hear it in TV then maybe on the streets, or somewhere else.
I think its senseless 2 have this law (which was the cause 4 this thread), Its great 2 stop any idiotic reporter 2 curse like hell, but punishment 4 only 1 word?
Back to top Go down
http://gamez4u.forum0.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?   Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment? Empty

Back to top Go down

Supreme Court breaking the First Amendment?
Page 1 of 1