Gunner's Dream Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunner's Dream Clan

Welcome to our forums!

WebSite  HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

American Revolution... #2?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
leighton9999
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
leighton9999

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-07-04

American Revolution... #2? Empty
PostSubject: American Revolution... #2?   American Revolution... #2? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:59 pm

So, I was bored and started wondering, "Are there more taxes today than
there were before the American Revolution?" The answer I found was a
yes, by far. Here is a very SMALL list of some taxes we pay:

Code:

[*]Accounts Receivable Tax
[*]Building Permit Tax
[*]Capital Gains Tax
[*]CDL license Tax
[*]Cigarette Tax
[*]Corporate Income Tax
[*]Court Fines (indirect taxes)
[*]Deficit spending
[*]Dog License Tax
[*]Federal Income Tax
[*]Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
[*]Fishing License Tax
[*]Food License Tax
[*]Fuel permit tax
[*]Gasoline Tax
[*]Hunting License Tax
[*]Inflation
[*]Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
[*]Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
[*]IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
[*]Liquor Tax
[*]Local Income Tax
[*]Luxury Taxes
[*]Marriage License Tax
[*]Medicare Tax
[*]Property Tax
[*]Real Estate Tax
[*]Septic Permit Tax
[*]Service Charge Taxes
[*]Social Security Tax
[*]Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
[*]Sales Taxes
[*]Recreational Vehicle Tax
[*]Road Toll Booth Taxes
[*]School Tax
[*]State Income Tax
[*]State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
[*]Telephone federal excise tax
[*]Telephone federal universal service fee tax
[*]Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
[*]Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
[*]Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
[*]Telephone state and local tax
[*]Telephone usage charge tax
[*]Toll Bridge Taxes
[*]Toll Tunnel Taxes
[*]Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
[*]Trailer Registration Tax
[*]Utility Taxes
[*]Vehicle License Registration Tax
[*]Vehicle Sales Tax
[*]Watercraft Registration Tax
[*]Well Permit Tax
[*]Workers Compensation Tax

Also, the income tax in 1913 when it was created: 1%. The income tax today: 15%.

The total taxation of the American's annual income (just these taxes, not the actual product) was a total of 54.4% in 2005.

Congress is thinking about legalizing marijuana, why? So they can tax it at 30% and get another $50 billion - probably more - in revenue.

This guy pretty much sums it up.

So, the question for this debate is, "Should we get rid of taxes?"
Back to top Go down
Se7en
GDC|Guest
GDC|Guest

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: American Revolution... #2?   American Revolution... #2? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 7:14 am

No, without Taxes, the government wouldn't get any money. Yes they will get money but less. they need money to spent it ( if they do it ) on Roads, Bridges, Hospitals, schools etc.
Back to top Go down
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC
GDC|HAC
GDC|HAC
?GDC|Bazooka|HAC

Number of posts : 4408
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: American Revolution... #2?   American Revolution... #2? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:32 am

i disagree with completely removing taxes, but there is a crapload of taxes in that list that dont need to be there. fishing license, dog license, watercraft registration. i mean, come on!

and even marriage tax, congradulations, your married, now pay $X amount each year for the rest of your life until either dies or divorces!
Back to top Go down
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Racism
Zippo
GDC|Member
GDC|Member
Zippo

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: American Revolution... #2?   American Revolution... #2? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:31 am

?GDC|Bazooka|HAC wrote:
i disagree with completely removing taxes, but there is a crapload of taxes in that list that dont need to be there. fishing license, dog license, watercraft registration. i mean, come on!

and even marriage tax, congradulations, your married, now pay $X amount each year for the rest of your life until either dies or divorces!

well in poland it's like you pay for fishing card which is something like license and whitout it they couldn't fight whit illegal fishers like those who are fishing whit use of electricity etc. so thats needed but in general it's too much taxex also in poland they are just stealing beacose theres too many useless taxes and costs like too much bureaucracity and jobs (for example we have 460 deputys and 100 senators and we don't need half of them)
Back to top Go down
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC
GDC|Supreme Assistant
GDC|Supreme Assistant
*GDC|Beowolf|GDC

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: American Revolution... #2?   American Revolution... #2? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Well here's the thing. That tax situation in the 13 colonies was alot different than they are today.

They were mostly upset about being taxed without representation. They had no voice in the taxes that were being levied on them.

Today, even though you may disagree, we do have representation when taxes are put into legislation. You are represented by the congressional members you elect every two years. Don't like the ideals of the person who was elected from your state, vote someone else in.

Personally, I think this is all bullshit, since the people who we elect, seem to put their personal agendas ahead of the people who put them into office.

What I'm really waiting for is the inflation to skyrocket in the US when they print this 3.9 trillion, yes I said TRILLION, dollars for this budget that was just passed.

Oh, and kiss democracy goodbye, since now the government owns most of the insurance sector, over half the banking sector, and a HUGE chunk of the auto industry.

Yes, Obama was for change people. But, while you were excited about CHANGE, no one stopped to ask, WHAT CHANGE??!!??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Revolution... #2?   American Revolution... #2? Empty

Back to top Go down

American Revolution... #2?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gunner's Dream Clan :: Members/Guests Desk :: General Talk :: Debate Board-
Jump to: